Last update: May 2015
In this Policy, we provide information about the collection and use of personal information on our publicly available websites, including www.VSRcouncil.org and www.VSRconnect.org (collectively, our “Website”) or otherwise by VSR Council in connection with its affiliate, partner, sponsor, and vendor relationships. This Policy does not apply to information collected from our employees, which are governed by other policies, or any information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website or other services.
By accessing and continuing to use the Website you signify your consent to the terms and conditions of our Policy. We may change or update this Policy from time to time (see Changes to our Policy) and your continued use of the Website is deemed to be acceptance of such changes. Please periodically check the Policy for updates and changes. If the local law that governs your personal information requires a more affirmative notice and consent to modify these terms, then any modifications of this policy will only apply to you if and to the extent the notice and consent regime requisite under such applicable law is observed.
EU and Swiss Safe Harbor
VSR Council complies with the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union or Switzerland. Upon request and within 30 days, VSR Council will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information governed by these frameworks that VSR Council holds about them via its Website. With respect to information gathered through the Website, VSR Council will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information which is inaccurate, out-of-date, irrelevant, incomplete or misleading if you request us to do so. Please contact support@VSRcouncil.org to request the correction of your personal information gathered on the Website.
Information We Receive
Website Visitor Information. We receive information from and about visitors to our Website, including:
- When you submit requests or inquiries on our Website. Examples of activities include viewing content (e.g. whitepapers, publications, knowledge articles, best practices and other digital content), completing surveys, and requesting additional information, services, or support from us.
- When you post materials on our Website. Examples of activities include uploading information about generally used custom reports, sharing models, discussion about taxonomy standards that you’ve had experience with, etc.
- In connection with these activities, we may collect various information, such as your name, title, company name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, practices, and certain company information.
- When you correspond with us via email.
- Information we receive from third party business partners.
- If you use a bulletin board or chat room on our Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums. We are not responsible for third party use of the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect visitor information. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser. They make it possible for us to recognize your browser when you visit and to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. If you have provided your name or other contact information to us via a web form, we are able to link that information back to the cookie. This information may be used to provide you with information that we believe to be relevant to you based on your actions on our Website.
Member and Partner Relationship Information. We collect information from our members and prospective members, vendors and prospective vendors, partners and prospective partners including:
- We require members who register to become members of the VSR Council to provide contact information, such as their name, company name, phone number, and e-mail address, and we may also ask for additional information such as title, department name, fax number, and additional company information, such as mailing address, annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Account Information”). Registered users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into Website and editing their account information.
- Prospective members often volunteer contact information to us so that we may continue to provide them with information about the VSR Council.
- Registered users are required to provide an email address when registering for membership on the VSR Council, in order to receive a username and password. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user registration and password.
- Vendors and Partners may also provide personal information about their employees in the form of contact information or other such information to us for purposes of the vendor’s services to VSR Council or in furtherance of the relevant partner relationship.
- Members who often interact on forums and portal pages share with their peers information about their usage of technology, knowledge of best practice, advocate processes, and champion methodology. The information shared may be in the form of questions, answers, documents, blog posts, videos, podcasts votes and comments. Testimonials. We may post testimonials on our Website, which may contain personally identifiable information such as the member’s name. We do obtain the member’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want to remove your personal information that is being displayed on our Website under public pages please send your request to privacy@VSRcouncil.org.
Uses of the Personal Information We Receive or Collect
- To provide you with information about the VSR Council and our events, services and partners. If we received your contact information directly, including from a subsidiary or related company, or if given the context of your provision of information you could have had a reasonable expectation that you would receive communications from us, then we may email you information regarding VSR Council events and affairs, and may send a newsletter type of communication via email which you can opt out of receiving such communications by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such email and/or by changing the notifications settings for your account on the Website
- To diagnose and resolve issues with and otherwise improve our Website or services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements between you and us.
- To monitor and track usage patterns on the Website.
- To notify you of changes to our Website.
- In connection with prospective service engagements, partnerships or vendor relationships where the disclosing party is a prospective partner or vendor to the VSR Council.
You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, but if you do not provide us with your personal information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of services, or provide a service appropriately tailored to you.
Our Disclosure Policy
VSR Council will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with third parties or nonaffiliated companies for their promotional purposes without your permission. We may disclose personal information that you provide in furtherance of the purpose for which they were disclosed, providing the services that you have requested, when we otherwise have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- To our employees, affiliates, or subsidiaries. Our employees, affiliates and subsidiaries are located in North America, Europe, and parts of Asia, including the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Australia. Please contact privacy@VSRcouncil.org for the current list.
- To our contractors in support of VSR Council affairs. These contractors are located in the US, the Netherlands, Germany, Australia, UK and India; however, please contact privacy@VSRcoucil.org for the current list, or
- If VSR Council is acquired by, reorganized or merged with another company. In such an event, you will have the opportunity to ask not to receive promotional information following any such change of control. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information We seek to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following describes the choices you have:
- Offers from VSR Council. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the VSR Council, you can opt-out by sending an email to unsubscribe@VSRcouncil.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Notifications from VSR Connect: If you do not wish to be notified via email any messages that are sent from VSR Connect to inform you of updates to discussion threads that you follow, comments on your posts, a weekly roundup of activity on the portal, etc., you may change the notification settings of your account defined under general preferences on the Website.
- Review this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Website. By using any part of the Website, you accept and agree to our Policy and to our practices. If we update this Policy, your continued use of the Website (following the posting of the revised policy) means that you accept and agree to the terms of the revised Policy.
Access to Your Account Information and Updating Information
You have the right and ability to edit your account information, at any time. Registered users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into the Site and editing their account information. You can also opt in or out of receiving future communications of special offers and new product information by sending us an email at unsubscribe@VSRcouncil.org, or you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive. We do reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Website, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your account membership, and we do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those messages.
You may send us an e-mail at support@VSRcouncil.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us in connection with the Website. We will respond to any request for access to, correction or update of personal information within 30 days of the date of such request.
Data Security Overview
The goal of the VSR Council Information Security team is to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed and is not entirely within our control. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. In order to protect you and your data, VSR Council may suspend your use of a Website or service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Website or services is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
Changes to our Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will immediately post it to this Website, which will serve as your notification of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please bookmark this page and check back periodically. Where required by local law, such changes will only apply if.
If you have questions about this Policy or the Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 13410 Preston Rd. #C707, Dallas, TX 75240